Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program
Duration : 5 Years
Doctor of Physical Therapy program is an interdisciplinary field that focuses on human function, disability and serves as an essential segment of modern health care system. It focuses on assessment and evaluation of functional, structural disorders related to musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular & respiratory systems. Basic and applied research in the field of rehabilitation sciences are directed towards enhancing physical and psychosocial functioning, participation in life situations, and quality of life of people with disabilities by using non-invasive methods of treatment based on manual therapy, electrotherapy and occupational therapy.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- To demonstrate in depth of the basic and clinical sciences relevant to physical therapy both in fundamental context and in their application to the discipline of physical therapy.
- To understand correlate and apply theoretical foundation of knowledge to the practice of physical therapy.
- To incorporate and demonstrative positive attitudes and behavior to all persons.
- To demonstrate leadership, management and communication skills to effectively participate in physical therapy practice and the health care team.
- To demonstrate the professional and social skills to adapt to changing health care environments to effectively provide physical therapy care.
- To demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly clinician by developing and utilizing the process of critical thinking and inquiry.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the basic and clinical sciences relevant to physical therapy, including anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathology, and biomechanics, both in theoretical context and their practical application in physical therapy practice.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and evidence-based practice principles to assess, plan, and implement effective physical therapy interventions for patients with diverse conditions and needs.
- Exhibit positive attitudes, empathy, and professionalism towards all individuals, including patients, colleagues, and other healthcare professionals, fostering a caring and respectful therapeutic environment.
- Utilize technology and data analysis to enhance physical therapy practice, patient outcomes, and documentation of interventions.
- Develop and implement comprehensive treatment plans that consider patients’ unique needs, goals, and preferences, emphasizing individualized care.
As a highly sought-after healthcare profession, DPT opens doors to a diverse range of rewarding careers. With a comprehensive understanding of the musculoskeletal, neurological, and cardiovascular systems, DPT graduates become licensed physical therapists equipped to assess, diagnose, and treat patients of all ages and conditions. Whether you’re interested in orthopedics, neurology, pediatrics, geriatrics, sports rehabilitation, or specialized fields like women’s health or cardiopulmonary care, a DPT degree empowers you to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
SCHEME OF STUDIES