International Conference on Global Sustainable Development 2018
A two day International Conference was organized by the Faculty of Business Administration, DIHE. Monday, May 7th and Tuesday 8th 2018.
The International Conference on Sustainable Development is the premier interdisciplinary forum for Management Sciences, Social Scientists, Life Scientists and practitioners to present their latest research results, ideas, developments, and applications in all areas of Sustainable Development, specially Management, Environmental, Health, Energy, Economic and Socio-Cultural Issues etc.
Day 1:The session was inaugurated by the Hon. Rector DIHE, Prof. Dr. Abbas Chaudhry and the Key note speakers were Prof. Dr. Ashley (USA), Prof. Dr. Ravinder Rena (Switzerland), Prof. Dr. Adebowale Ayobade (Nigeria), Ahtesham Ali Raja (NBEAC-HEC), Prof. Dr. Athar Ahmed and Prof. Dr. Shahana Urooj Kazmi
Followed by a Round Table Discussion on the topic : Global Sustainable Development – Integration of Environment, Social Development, Economic Development & Good Governance. Post session a Q and A session was also conducted where audience asked questions and gave their suggestions on the topic.
30 Ph.D faculties from different universities participated in different sessions as chairs and co-chairs and more than 50 Abstracts from International and National authors were accepted in the conference also.
Day 2:On the second day, parallel sessions were conducted where the participants presented their research papers including:
– Ms Sana Arz Bhutto presented her paper on: “Management of Intellectuals in Pakistani Universities: Management Practices and Emerging Issues”
– Mr Abdul Aleem Butt (SZABIST) presented a case study on haleebfoods titled: “ Encounter in Haleeb Foods: Marketing and Distribution Pointers toward Sales Disaster.
– Mr. Assaram Alamchandani presented his paper on the topic: “Thar Coal Environmental Repercussion S and Economic Values and it’s Role in Sustainability of Development of Pakistan”
– Ms Mahroona Khan presented her paper on the topic: “ Analysis of Leather Industry of Pakistan and Suggested Policies for its Growth and Sustainability” co-authored with Prof. Dr. Gobind M. Herani
– Abid Hussain Lashari of National Disability & Development Forum (NDF) presented on the topic: “Attitudes Management to Mainstream Disability”
– Imam Bux Chachar enlightened the audience through his presentation on the topic:” Study of Diffision and Adoption of Production and Protection Technologies of Sugarcane Crop in Taluka Ubauro…”
– Mr Abdul Manan Shaikh delivered a presentation on his paper: “Fall of Once Giant Companies of Textile Sector in Karachi: An Exploratory Study”, co authored with Dr Jawaid Qureshi.
– Ms Tehreem Fatima IoBM presented on the topic: “ Organic Food Market and Consumer Purchase Intention: A Study from Pakistan”
Followed by the final Panel Discussion of #1stICGSD2018 titled “Is the Global Economy sustainable enough to survive Great Depression yet again?”
The Conference provided a unique platform for networking and exchange of experiences and research results. Distinguished speakers, post-graduate students and professors from different universities, researchers, experts, members of different forums and bodies presented their work. It was evident from several presentations that the sustainable development must be conducted in a transparent and traceable way, as all stakeholders will have their input in the overall outcome.
The conference was concluded by the distribution of souvenirs among the guests, organizers and volunteers.
KarloCompare & Omni Motor Sports extended their full cooperation in successful completion of ICGSD 2018